The LiftMaster 888LM MyQ Control Panel lets you monitor, open and close your garage door from anywhere…all from your smartphone, tablet or computer...when paired with the LiftMaster 828LM Internet Gateway and Alarm.com.
- MyQ Technology enables you to securely monitor and control your garage door opener
- Alerts and notifications on your mobile device so that you always know the status of your garage door
- Timer-to-Close feature allows the door to automatically close after a preprogrammed number of minutes.
- Motion detector automatically turns on garage door opener lights when movement is sensed.
- 4.75" L x 3" W x 0.5" H
- Range: 130' (Line Of Sight)
**IMPORTANT: The Internet Gateway cannot be registered through Alarm.com if it is already registered through MyQ/LiftMaster. The Internet Gateway must be removed from the user's MyQ account before attempting to register it to Alarm.com.
Install the MyQ Control Panel
- Disconnect all electrical power to the garage door opener.
- Remove the existing door control from the wall. Note the polarity of the wires connected to the existing door control. Label the wires appropriately (Red/White).
- Disconnect the wires from the existing door control.
- Connect the wires to the new MyQ Control Panel.
- Mount the MyQ Control Panel to the wall.
- Reconnect power. The yellow command LED (in the center of the MyQ Control Panel) and the red learn LED (above the learn button) blink quickly for up to five minutes as the MyQ Control Panel recharges. When the MyQ Control Panel is operational, the yellow command LED is solid.
- To test the control panel, press the push bar to activate the garage door opener.
Connect the MyQ Internet Gateway
- Connect Ethernet cable to router and the Internet Gateway.
- Connect power to the Internet Gateway.
- When the Internet Gateway establishes a connection, the green light stops blinking and stays solid. If the green light does not stay solid, check the power, router, and internet connections to the Internet Gateway. (IMPORTANT: Take note of the MyQ serial number on the gateway as it will be used in the registration process)
Add the MyQ Internet Gateway to Alarm.com
- Log into the Customer Website.
- Go into Settings.
- Click Manage Devices.
- Select Add Device.
- Choose Garage Door.
- From the list, select MyQ Control Panel.
- On the Get Started page, click the Next button.
- Click Register Gateway.
- In the Serial Number field, enter the MyQ serial number of the Internet Gateway, and then click Continue.
- The Internet Gateway will go into learn mode so that a MyQ-Enabled Garage Door can be added. A yellow light turns on at the Internet Gateway to indicate that it is in learn mode.
- After the yellow light is on at the Internet Gateway, go to the MyQ Control Panel and push the learn button twice.
- On the MyQ Control Panel, the red LED turns on.
- On the MyQ Internet Gateway, the LED turns blue once the device is learned in.
- Return to the Garage page and click "Check for New Devices"
- Repeat steps 6-9 if initially unsuccessful.
On the MyQ Internet Gateway, the LED turns blue once the device is learned in.
Click Here to Download the Compatibility Guide
Refer to the Alarm.com Knowledge Base for more information.