Rules can only be set up from the Web Portal.
Set up rules, scenes, and schedules to automate your home and make life more convenient. Here are just a few examples.
- Disarm your security system when you unlock your door
- Turn on lights when you approach the house
- Adjust the thermostat when your system is armed away
- Schedule your lights to turn on automatically at sunset
- Schedule your thermostat to adjust up/down for energy savings
To setup rules:
- From the Web Portal, go to Automation
- Click on Rules, and then Add a Rule.
- Name your Rule
- Choose what should trigger the automation
- Select the device you’d like to automate
- Set the time frame
- Save the Rule
You can also set rules for specific devices or setup Geo-Services to automate your home based on the location of your smartphone.
Scenes allow you to trigger a series of actions with the touch of a button. Choose from default scenes like “Home” or “Away”, or create your own. Each Scene can control multiple components of the home, including the security system, lights, locks, and thermostats.